Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

Cx-P and Function Block problem

4 posts in this topic

Hi ! Recently I reinstalled all system - Windows XP. I installed also CX - One and downloaded and installed all updates. Now I noticed - it was not before that during FB editing CX-P almost freeze my system. The true is that a long time I have not used "update online" - maybe some of updates has a bug Even I only edit some variable in FB and I click OK the CPU speed increases to 100% and it takes a while until system is editable once again. Do you have any idea what can be reason of that. I made system really slim - I switched off some services which are useless for me ( I guess) and everything works just great - fast and without any delays - except CX-P. Thanks for any clue. Pawel

Hi ! I made an experience. When I prepare some application with one instance of FB editing goes fast, but when I want to do it in application where I have f.e. 30 instances of FB each modyfication takes too long. I have 1,5Gb RAM - Is it possible to make some changes in CX-P parameters to increase speed FB modification?

It all depends on what functions you are doing inside the function block!! Furthermore if you are testing the application using CX-Simulator the scan time is way off. Yesterday I tested the same application with CX-Simulator and then on-line with a physical CJ1M PLC. CX Simulator Scan time reported between 27 and 127 mSec. OUCH!! When on-line with real PLC max scan never exceeded 6.2mSec. Post your code. Edited by BITS N BYTES

Hi, Also worth checking that there are no more updates. I know that some updates are only shown second time, once you've installed those that they are dependant on. Make sure the updates says "No more updates..." when you scan. Rgds, Bertie.