JPM1

TXD & RXD with CQM1H SCB41 W/232 ASCII

7 posts in this topic

I am new to OMRON plc's and it is the first time I write in ASCII. So I am learning both. I am using a CQM1H w/SCB41 board and having trouble with the TXD and the RXD Command. I believe that the port number is #0100 which is set in the control word. In the source word for TXD I am putting GO which is the command word for the pump to run. I am also setting the Operand 3 to 1 byte. In the RXD I have set Operand 1 to RS which is return status of pump. The second Operand is set to #0100 for port 1 on the SCB41? The third Operand is set to #256. I am only using the CR,LF as my end code and no start code. java script:emoticon('',%20'smid_28') Questions ; 1) Is the above right? 2) Is there a way to send all the string commands with one message skipping the params that I dont want to write to. Are do I have to give a start reference then write all the params based on the length. 3) I tried to put multiple strings commands in Operand 1 but its not a fan of that are I am doing it wrong not sure. 4) I cant find a pinout for that scb41 board but the pump is a) 2== RX b) 3== Tx c) 8== CTS d) 5== 0v Any help are example program using the above hardware would be great!!!!!!java script:emoticon('',%20'smid_11')

This may help http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=288 By the way there is some good stuff in the download section. Highly recommended for newbies to have a goo look there.

HI guys

I'm trying to comunicate Hyperterminal by PC to CP1E I've gotten to send data from clp to pc but i can't receive any data from pc to clp

Follow above atached a example, i sent the letter "G" to pc

Colud you help me please?

settings.jpg

txd.jpg

You have the END Code set to 256 bytes.  Therefore, it will not receive a message and put it into the PLC until you send 256 characters.  Set the END Code to CR LF and make sure that Hyperterminal is set to include LF with CR and you will see whatever you have typed into the PLC if you change the receive size in your RXD command to match.  There is also an A register that will tell you how may bytes are in the buffer to be received). 

I don't see a receive command, you will need one to pull the data into the PLC from the serial buffer.  

This is code from a CP1L, but is a good solution, just change your end code, download the settings, cycle power and go:

RXD.thumb.jpg.776caed96b1f8b0fa4aeb72d71

1 person likes this

Michael Walsh

I thank you so much, about your help

I needed to set receiveds bytes(END CODE) to 1 then it worked well, and , as my serial port is 1 I used A392.06 instead of A393.14 and A393 isntead A394

But I thank you so much

but the way, can you help me, about how I use RS485 intead RS232C?

I hope talk to you soon

It is very much the same process, but there will be a node number in the serial string somewhere.  It depends upon the protocol.  

@Tamara - please post your question in only one place.  Thank you.