Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prs1025

Step7 and Com Port1

3 posts in this topic

I think some Siemens software is taking over Com Port1 on my laptop. I have a laptop dedicated for Siemens software only. On this laptop I have Step7, WinCC Flex, and TeleService. I'm trying to use Com Port1 to talk to other devices but it won't connect. I then tried to connect to these other devices using a different laptop (one without any Siemens software) it I had no problem connecting. Does anyone know how to fix this?

the ONLY way to solve this is to identify software monopolizing affected port and then stop it. See what software is loaded on startup and progressively disable it from starting up (just click on Start->Run and type MSCONFIG). There could be few programs causing this (including PDA software, SyncActive etc.)

I have not had a problem with Step 7 locking any ports on our companies PCs. We have numerous locations and they all have PCs running step 7 as well as other softwares that use the com ports. I would suggest looking at WinCC as it is an HMI product you may have a driver being loaded that uses the com port.