Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfuglsang

Recipies in WinCC flexible

11 posts in this topic

Hi. I am new in this forum, and my english is not the best. But i got a problem with my WinCC flexible. I am making a project on a new factory. I have made a program for a new production line, and the customer would like to be able to use recipies. I have 2 10" mp277 touch-panels and one PC wich is running winCC flexible runtime. The customer would like to be able to make for examble 10 different recipies on the PC, and then save them on the PC. When they wants to start a new production, they would like to be able to go to the touch-panel, and then see the repies that are saved on the PC and pick one. And then download the recipie to the PLC. I have already made the part on the PC, but i dont know how to find the recipies on the touch-panels. Can anybody help me? I am using WinCC flexible 2007 advance, and my CPU is a 317-2 PN-DP Best regards Morten

so the recipies are stored on PC and downloaded from PC to PLC while HMIs are used for selection. how big are recipies and can't you simply have all ten of them downloaded to PLC as soon as the recipe changes are made? this way you can easily display them on any number of HMIs and you don't need to handshake PC/PLC.

Thanks for your help. The problem is that i have an FC in the PLC, where the values from the actual recipie is stored. It is for example setpoints for weights and temperatures. But the program is running one batch with values from one recipie, and then the next bach is with values from another recipie with new setpoints. And all the different recipies is placed on the PC, and then when they are starting a new batch, they have to choose a recipie, and then download the values from the recipie to the FC in the PLC. So i dont think that i can just download all the recipies to the PLC, cause how should i choose witch values to use for the next batch? I hope that i have explayned it so that it is able to understand what i mean.

as said, one option (may not be what you look for) is to download all recipes to PLC (if there is enough memory in PLC). Simply create another DB and call it Storage. make an array with recipe structure containing: RECIPE NAME (string) VALUE1 (whatever) VALUE2 (whatever) ... VALUEn (whatever) Display recipe names on HMI and let operator select one. Copy selected recipe values to DB used by program. One alternative (possibly closer to what you may look for): have PC run all the time and interact with PLC. when you press HMI button to select recipe, set one bit in PLC (read_list_of_recipes), PC responds by writing all names into PLC (set of strings). this can be displayed on HMI. pass user selection to PLC, then have PLC pass it on to PC. PC writes recipe to PLC (no other plc storage etc is needed in PLC, no editing is needed on PLC or HMI since this is done on PC). The two methods are just an idea. either one will work but actual choice is yours...
1 person likes this

Thanks for your very good ideas. Now i understand what you mean. And i think maby the first solution could be fine in this project. The recipies are not sp big. There is about 10-15 different values i a recipie. I think that i will try if i can make it work. Can i use some kind of a block move to move the choosen recipie to the DB that are used in the program when a batch is running?

there are several ways to do it but did you check SFC20 for example?

Thanks for your help. If have used the SFC20, at it seems to work.

Now it is working. The way i have don it is that i have insert i shared folder on the c-drive on the PC. In WinCC flexible i have choosen that the receipes shoul be stored in the shared folder. Then i have made a button and in the event for the button i have choosen export data-records. And then in WinCC flexible for the MP277 panel i have choosen that the recipe shoud reed in the shared folder on the PC. Then i can make new recipes on the PC, and then export them to the shared folder. And then i can go to my touch-panel and then choose one of the recipes that i have saved from the PC. And then i can download the recipe to the PLC. I don't know if this is the smartest way to do it, but it seems to work realy good. And again - thanks for your help.

no problem, glad it works

Another way I'm using a lot on the rockwell panelview plus and now I'm trying use on siemens, is use just the HMI recipe system, you create one or more base recipe, so you can copy this recipe and edit the values and the steps, for exemple, in "A" recipe I want add 200lt of water then you write "YES" to water line, and 200 in the amount line. If in the "B" recipe yo don't want water, you write "NO". So you do your PLC programm to verify what is required. Just another idea :)