Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Control Logix Power Up Fault

6 posts in this topic

I have a previously good 1756-L63/B CPU flashed to version 15 setting in a 17 slot rack inn slot 0 with a 1756-ENBT revision 3.9.4 . The ENBT is static Ip at 172.30.36.231. I created a sample program in RSlogix5000 and placed a single NOP instruction on rung 0 of main program. I downloaded this program to the CPU and placed the unit in run. Immediately I get a flashing red Ok light. RSLogix tells me Major Fauilt Power up error. Code 1 and code 60. Rslogix also tells me Minor Fault Battery error, but the batt is brand new and the Batt light is not red on the CPU. ANY IDEAS?

My help shows a different error code. Do you have a compactflash card installed? 1- 60 An unrecoverable major fault has occurred. The controller has reset and cleared all of its memory. A RAM image downloaded to CompactFlash was not successful. Contact Technical Support for assistance.

Update on Processor problems 1. Here is the program I am loading ACD and Screenshot Blank_Version_15_Program.ACD 2. Here is the RSlinx Config 3. Here are the faults received and reset before download 4. Here is a successful Program Mode after download 5. Unit has no CF memory Card and error returns even in program mode after 45 to 60 seconds.

Very strange. What's the minor version of the firmware?

ANY IDEAS? I have a rack like yours but I was too lazy to flash back my L61 to 15 but mine worked. I am using firmware 16. Sounds like you have a bad processor. Try this reflash your processor maybe the firmware is corrupted.

I arrived at this point I am of the same mind. I checked an L64 out of stores and it is working just fine in the same rack slot. Tried the L63 in slot 3 and couldn't even get it to show up in RSlinx. Sent the whole L63 back to RA for eval and direct exchange. too busy to flash and play with it any longer.