Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottmurphy

[ ] Brackets not valid in comments in CX-P.

2 posts in this topic

I had a problem a couple of days ago, when using CX-simulator, with CX-Designer. The end result was that I lost access to CX-Simulator from CX-Programmer. What seemed to happen, is that I attempted to run CX-simulator, and whilst everything compiled ok and downloaded to the simulator, whilst in online mode, the red bar on the left that depicts an error was displayed, but there was no issues with the ladder code on that rung. I have been scratching my head on this, as I was also getting the (estimate) message when doing a memory view check, this normally relates to uncomplete code, but the compiler picks up on this, however it was not! I sent the file to someone else to try, and he got the same issue, and then when trying to run the simulator, his CX-P crashed, and lost access to the simulator from other files. So I have just repaired my CX-One installation, and now have access to the simulator again, and has been running in the same instance as when it crashed, with no issues, yet anyway. But I still have the red bar, what it seems that is causing it, is the [ ] brackets in the comment field, this must be something new in CX-P V8, as this code was copied from previous files, and there was never any issues i those ones. This is not a major, as hopefully this was the cause of the initial CX-Sim crash, but something to be aware of....

Scott A few thoughts on this. 1. The [] are now used for CJ2 PLCs for offset addressing and Array indices. This new use of the [] may be what triggered the issue. 2. I have tested today with a simple PLC program with a rung with a [%] in the comment. I can run NS / PLC simulators together without any problems. Did your problems appear right away, or did it take some time? I am running the absolute latest versions of CX P and CX D, auto updated this week. When you had to repair CX Simulator, did you go into C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name)\Local Settings\Temp and delete the SimulatorData folder? Sometimes that will correct a problem with CX Simulator without uninstalling / reinstalling.