Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

File browsing from InTouch at run time

3 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, I am developing a recipe handling system in InTouch. There are many recipe related functions available in this and I know my way around this area. Problem is that since the user may load Any one of a few thousands of formulation files into the recipe; there has to be a way to browse for files and select one for opening. Strangely, I realised that there is no InTouch function to achieve this. Any ideas from anyone? What I would like to see happen is to click a button on the window viewer screen and a file-open dialog box opens. Thanks for at least hearing this out, with best wishes, I remain Raj s. Iyer

VB6 and the API toolkit had a file browser feature much like Windows Explorer which would allow you to pass the file name and path into VB6. Wouldn't something like that import into InTouch?

Hi Bob, Thanks a million. I'm no good at VB6; all the same I've set my team onto your suggestion. In our midst we call you the Ghost who walks!, you are a familiar face on Mrplc and this is the umpteenth time I'm fortunate to have your advice. My genuine gratitude. raj S. Iyer