Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gnex

GOT1000 to Compactlogix Via EtherNEt

10 posts in this topic

Hello Friend, Need some assistance from you, I'm currently doing a project using AB Compactlogix with GOT1000 HMI. the Problem were. - How to do the Rslogix5000 Tag in GOT1000 Programming Software. - Is GOT1000 Really Support Compactlogix or RSLogix5000 Flatform Addressing - Error 322 appear at the Error Log Thank you! Gnex

GOT does NOT support AB tag addressing. Must have actual addresses assigned for this to work.

Crossbow, If I used the the Legacy type of Adressing Ex. B3:1/0, then should I used the Micrologix or SLC CPU, not the Compactlogix? Rslogix 5000 cannot do the legacy type of Addressing, if I convert the above ex. this will became; B3[1].0 in Logix flatform. I spend the whole night just to configure this thing but I did not succeed, the only problem is Mitsubishi Supplier in Singapore cannot support their product. they say can but if ask how no answer... if you could help me on this I owe you alot. a step by step procedure, even 1 sample only. a lamp. Big thanks Gnex

You need to review the chapter in the GOT1000 Connection Manual (which can be installed with the software on your PC, check the Help menu). It details all settings on both the GOT and PLC ends.

If you look in the system properties of RSLogix 5000 (contrologix processor), there is an option to map a set of tags to the traditional AB addresses (B7:0. N7:0, F8:0, etc.). I do not have my work computer in front of me or I would give you specifc directions. I approached Mitsu about tag support and they do not look like they are going to support it any time soon. If you need something that will talk to Mitsu and AB tag based system, a E1000 or a Proface are a better way to go. Panelview + will support mitsu through the kepware interface, but unless you are an integrator or part of a big company, expect to pay substationally more. If you cannot find the settings, let me know and I will look a little harder. Craig

In RsLogix 5000 under the Communications Menu, if memory serves, there is a Map PLC/SLC option. This allows you to map a ControlLogix tag to a legacy Ab type address. For Example : 1. Create a tag named Integer_Out of type SINT[999] and then map that to file 17. 2. Create a tag named Integer_IN of type SINT[999] and then map that to file 27. 3. Now configure the GOT to read values from N17:0 thru N17:999 4. Now configure the GOT to write values from N27:0 thru N27:999 This should pass data as needed. Obviously I don't have a GOT or GOT manual, more of an AB guy. And the 999 is just a WAG it could be 16 if that is all the data you need to pass.

hI bOB, Cannot do it since error appear if i Created the tag address, See Attached [For Example : 1. Create a tag named Integer_Out of type SINT[999] and then map that to file 17. 2. Create a tag named Integer_IN of type SINT[999] and then map that to file 27. 3. Now configure the GOT to read values from N17:0 thru N17:999 4. Now configure the GOT to write values from N27:0 thru N27:999 hI bOB, Cannot do it since error appear if i Created the tag address, See Attached

Your attachment did not make it into your post. Is the error in RSlogix or in the GOT program?

Guys, Thanks for your assistance We did configure already, the GOT1000 can now talk to the Compactlogix over Ethernet. In the logix side there is no much issue, Only in the Mitsu HMI alot of confusing terms and beside their manual is not that clear. Thanks alot guys... Gnex Edited by Gnex