Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mariuss

:helpme: SMS comunication with the CPM2A

7 posts in this topic

Hi, i have some trubles to comunicate mi CPM2A to a GSM-GPRS Phoenix Contact Modem. I know that some time ago, you publicate a user manual talking about the same issue, with the CJ1M, i already read the guide and reemplace every part of it with their equivalent in the CPM2A, in my case I don't use the LEN$ (anyway CPM2A doesn't have that) and i reemplace directly with the Memory initial Dm and the lenght of the string, ( in my case, an phone number with 8 number, DM 0 to Dm 3), unfurnately it doesn't run properly, i change the A392.05 for the ar0805, but it doesnt work, then i try to give directly the comand but it doesn't work either. I also notice that you are use the flag Cf113 in the example of the CJ1M, and not use the RXD function. Would you explainme why are you doing that? and what is the equivalent in the cpm2a. I apreciate a lot a simple example how could i sent and recibe sms with the CPM2A. Thanks. Edited by Mariuss

The CPM2A does not have any where near as many functions as the CJ1 PLC. I do not know if you can send an SMS from the CPM2A. I have not used one for many years - they are now quite old.

Yes i know that the CPM2A is a quit old, (but unfurtunately is the only thing that I have to work), ok i found a similar example here, http://www.infoplc.net/Ejemplos/Ejemplos_Omron.htm (in spanish), i tried out, i and check it , but when test it, it send me to the hiperterminal a long character of garbage and no the text that supose to be, i understant that when i use TXD it send the thing that i save in that direction of memory, and if I want to recibe a text in the the Hiperteminal i have to save in the memory with the correspondial code, (ex hello is 6865 6c6c 6f, like the CIJ1m example). what do i am doing wrong?. Could you tell me plz? Edited by Mariuss

I cannot help you I am afraid. I only use CJ1 PLCs where comms are involved.

Yes you can use the CPM2A for SMS comm's... 1. Use the built in RS232 port.. 2. Make sure all of the settings for the comm;s port is for a "dumb" RS232 port ... not host link 3. Make sure the port switch is also set for custom comm;s. 4. Since you have already copied the program to a CPM2A version test the program with hyperterminal. 5. Check that you can send SMS from Hyper terminal to your GSM modem. 6. Why TXD...the TXD function will transmit data from PLC RS232 port out to the device (GSM Modem) 7. CF113 is an always on bit in the CJ1 PLC... the CPM equiv is 231.13 I know that some time ago, you publicate a user manual talking about the same issue, with the CJ1M, i already read the guide and reemplace every part of it with their equivalent in the CPM2A, in my case I don't use the LEN$ (anyway CPM2A doesn't have that) and i reemplace directly with the Memory initial Dm and the lenght of the string, ( in my case, an phone number with 8 number, DM 0 to Dm 3), unfurnately it doesn't run properly, i change the A392.05 for the ar0805, but it doesnt work, then i try to give directly the comand but it doesn't work either. I also notice that you are use the flag Cf113 in the example of the CJ1M, and not use the RXD function. Would you explainme why are you doing that? and what is the equivalent in the cpm2a.

I dont know if this is any help but this works no problem with CPM2 and Wavecom GSM. You will probably need to change the AT command ASCII string. PLC_SMS.cxp

Thank you Adrian for your contribution, I have not had a chance to look at it but may I suggest that you also add it to the download section