Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ecca

Loading medoc programs into GX Developer......

9 posts in this topic

As per the title.... how do I do it ? Cheers, ET

Create a new project in GX dev, setup the correct plc type. Go to 'Project'----'Import file'-----'Import from Melsec Medoc Format File'----- Then browse for the folder with the medoc program, it will then allow you to import the medoc program and name lists etc. It usually works fine. You may need to adjust the format of the comments display. (4*8, 3*5 etc)

I do not use the Developer myself, but heard that it will not import from Medoc 2.4 format, as the last Medoc version oficially supported by Mitsubishi was 2.3

and one other snag................. If you did not specify using 'import medoc files' at installation of GX then there is no option to either. Its a complete re-installation of GX to get that option

There's no difference between the 2.4 and 2.3 formats. 2.4 was just made a windows native app and added FX1N support. I've never had GX developer sucessfully import a medoc file.

Thanks for replies all. I've tried all ways and I can't get GX Developer to import medoc files. What a great shame.

I've imported many files from MEDOC into GX Developer. What was stated before about the incompatibility with 2.4 is absolutely TRUE. Mitsubishi only released up to 2.30, and 2.4 was something Beijer did without Mitsubishi. So Mitsubishi software does not recognize the new files. Make sure the files are on a hard drive and there is free space and they are not marked read only. They should import just fine if you create a new project for the same PLC in GX Developer and choose import. As I've said above, I have done this many times. Many times if it does not work, it is a source file issue, not a problem with GX Developer. I do also know the GX Developer-FX version 8.45 released in the US had an issue with the import feature, and technical support can convert the files and send a GX Developer project. A new version of GX Developer-FX is coming with the release of the FX3G PLC.

Well, just for laughs I had to try this. GX developer hated my last computer so I never really used it. Any attempt to import Medoc files would cause it to crash. It installed without problems on my current 'puter and imported the Medoc 2.41 file without incident. Pretty cool...