Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Didro

FX3U-485ADP-MB, ADPRW

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I use FX3U PLC with FX3U-485ADP-MB module for Modbus RTU communitaion with inverter FR_E700 via RS485. I can read inverter params simply by RS2 command. But for use RS2 command I need to compute CRC manualy. In the same time FX3U and GXDev support ADPWR command, that itself computes CRC and do other nifty things greatly simplifed Modbus RTU communication. The cause by which I can't use ADPWR command is that in my PLC M8411 flag have never been set. In documentation (Modbus Serial Communication) I read, that M8411 flag is set by PLC when it ready for Modbus Communication. Should I do something special for work with FX3U-485ADP-MB via ADPRW ? Does somebody use ADPWR successfully ? Thank you

need patch for GX IEC DEVELOPER 7.01 or use GX DEVELOPER 7.03

Also make sure the firmware version of the FX3U is at least 2.40. Modbus wasn't supported before 2.40. This can be seen in D8001 in the last 3 digits. If it is older, you can use the module for serial but cannot access the Modbus command set. And GX Developer (not IEC) did not support FX3U until 8.25. The MB module wasn't supported until 8.45. This is detailed in manual JY997D26201 from www.meau.com in sections 1.3 and 1.4.

number device up 74..........(send me e-mail )

Thank you all for informative answers. I use GX Developer v 8.65 (not IEC). In D8001 I have - 0101111010110001 or in decimal - 24241, and if I'm understand you cleary, the firmware version of my PLC is 241. So it should work, but it doesn't. May be I do something wrong when try to check M8411 flag ? I connect FX3U-485ADP-MB module to PLC, connect it to ER-700 inverter's PU connector and then program in IL: LD M8411 SET Y0 And Y0 does't light up. Should I do something else ? >number device up 74..........(send me e-mail ) I don't understand what do you mean. I've sent you email.

Description: Modbus ADP modules (FX3U-232ADP-MB & FX3U-485ADP-MB) requires a compatible operating system in the FX3U cpu. Support for this module is implemented in version 2.40 (see D8001) An alternativ verification is that the serial no. must be : Lot 74 (serial number 74xxxx). or later (lable with this no. can be found on the left side of the cpu unit)

You can use the IEC Developer 7.01 but you also need GX Developer 8.5 or higher installed. The ADPRW uses the esasysocet for RS485 and this only comes with GX Developer. This is a fault by Mitsubichi and you should get this for free.

http://beijer.se/web/i-Know.nsf/Knownledge...12573A2004EDDC5 see hier

MITSUBISHI IS RUBBISH.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many problems with software(mainly the GXIEC) kICK Them to bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have nothing useful to say, perhaps you can not say it. The forums are here for people to help each other, not for bashing products. Some of us actually like the Mitsubishi products.

Mitsubishi software problems Cost me a lot of time and money.Have you ever used GXIEC Developer? Have you ever tried to upload your programm? Have you ever used Function Blocks that do not function? And yes i have something useful to say! Try another PLC and you will never get back to Mitsubishi.!!!

In the US we don't typically use GX IEC Developer, but GX Developer and ladder programming. While the Mitsubishi software is not the easiest to use, the hardware is excellent. Don't think uploading of IEC is a Mitsubishi problem, because Modicon couldn't do it with Concept either until they decided to put aside HALF the program memory in the PLC for a second uncompiled version of the program. That's a problem with compiled languages. They don't reverse engineer well.

Mitsubishi-good hardware and software.