Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Morten AA

Activex or dll for C# .net

6 posts in this topic

Hi Is there any ActiveX, dll or OPC stuff for making communication to omron ethernet. I can only find application used in VB6. Lots off AB solutions but no omron Regards Morten

You are probably not going to find very many ActiveX controls that act as an embedded driver for talking to devices. Your best bet is to lookf for an OPC toolkit for .Net and use and OPC Server. Kepware Technoliges has an OPC ToolKit called ClientAce which you can download and try out. They also have several Omron drives for the KepserverEX OPC Server that are provided in a single driver suite. Go to Http://www.kepware.com to download both. Fred Loveless Senior Applicaiton Engineer Kepware Technologies

Hi, CX-Server LITE has both an activeX and .NET interface with examples included to show how to use it. Hope this helps. James.

Hi again. I will take a look on the cx-server LITE example. So far I have used the ingear OPC with the IDN.IO namespace from Industrial Dot Net in some tests, haven't got i it right yet. Is it posible to get a trial of the cx server LITE??

I summarize of the manual that I attach. " 1.1 Welcome to CX-Server Lite CX-Server Lite allows PLC data collected by the OMRON CX-Server communications software to be accessed from Microsoft Excel (97 and later), Visual Basic (5.0 and later), and Visual C++ 6.0, as well as Omron CX-Supervisor. From version 1.21 onwards CX-Server Lite also supports use in Windows applications created using the Microsoft Visual Studio .Net environment (use in an ASP.Net environment is not currently supported). In all of these applications, CX-Server Lite allows existing process data to be collected and analysed, via the CX-Server runtime system. " You have information in Download Code (thanks to Jay Anthony). Examples: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=66 Version Demo (but not the one that allows. Net): http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=87 He requests current version in Omron. CX_S_Lite_Net_Doc.pdf

hi... i used sysmac compolet v2.0 to communicate between VB6/ C#2005 and omron Regards Surya