Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MDH

Position control software

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, We have just aquired some equipment from Japan. One of the Plc's has a positional controller A1SD75P1-S3 connected and working. The reps or tech's as it may be are telling us that we need to purchase the software and cable for this device. My question is simply why? I'm not sure as to what the software would do other than set up parameters that can't be set up using to and from statements. Just curious. This piece of equipment has been in operation in Japan for quite some time and we're kind of budgeting our funds for the moment and for this reason I don't see the urgency in the purchase. I'd still like to know what the software has to add. I do know that it's Gx-Configurator-AP and, again, I'm guessing that it sets up some parameters but I thought that the resolution, acc, dec, vel, etc was set up by the TO statements. Any ideas. I'd be greatful 'cause I'm confused.

This module can be programmed like you allready mentionde, just by to and from instructions. In this case you will get a huge programm only for setting the parameters and maby the movement table. The execution of movements are always inside the PLC CPU. When using this software you can up and download all these parameters and table information. These information is written into Flash inside the module. So not inside the PLC. In this case the parameters are not programmed inside the PLC program. In case of trouble with this module and it needs to be replaced, you need a backup of this GX Configurator AP programm to restore this in the new module. Therefor you need this software package and a dedicated cable. Also for programming the module it's much more userfriendly to use the GX Configurator AP software.