Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balandawi

HIM Download and Edit...

12 posts in this topic

Okay, I got this problem that I want to solve without loosing my current data... I am using PLC 5/04 along with PanelView 550, and I am not able to download the current HIM PanelView program to make any modification. And I couldn't go online to download the current PLC program. What am I doing wrong? cable wise?, software wise?, Interface... I need help... Any suggestions... I have both SLC 5000 and RSlogix 5 Pro... Edited by Bassiouni

You need RSLogix-500; RSlogix-5000 is for the ControlLogix platform and RSlogix-5 is for the PLC 5 series. For the Panvelview you need Panelbuilder 32. Edited by jstolaruk

Okay, I have the PanelView Builder 32... but for some reason, I couldn't configure it at all... I don't know if it's the cable I am using or what... I will be getting the SLC 500 tomorrow installed... Which cables do you recommend for both the PLC and HMI? I am originally a Designer and a Physicist but got promoted to be a Syst. Eng. Mgr... and I am just learning right now...

For the most accurate info, please tell us which port on the SLC5/04 you are planning to connect to.(serial or DH+) Please give us the complete catalog number of your PanelView. Are you using a laptop with a real serial port, or ? Desktop with a serial port? Do you have RSLogix 500, RSLinx (at least RSLinx Lite) software?

Congradulations on the Promotion. Those at mrplc will be glad to help you as you've seen from the posts. For a newly appointed mgr like yourself, let me also suggest you check out ron beauforts's website. he has some awesome learning tools and a good training program.

Before you get too far long on proper connections. Download is a word that needs to be addressed last. Upload is what you are trying to do. Be careful as Download in Allen Bradley will load whatever you have open/loaded/programmed on your computer software into the HMI or PLC. There are some PLC programmers rules you need to study up on. Someone here can post link to "PLC Laws" http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=817 <Link Added by Moderator BobLfoot 2008-10-07> Goodday and GOOD LUCK!!!

Okay, I am trying to go online and upload the existing program using a laptop and I do have the RS232 Cable and I am just getting confused on how to connect and configure it... DH or Serial Port? I took PLC way back in early 2000 but I kinda forgot the tricks. I do have the RSLinx Classic, SLC 500, RSView32, PanelBuilder 32 ready to go but just a little confused on how to upload the programs and work on it from there. What are the steps on how to go online or configure the connection. Let me know Edited by Bassiouni

What's ron beauforts's website? couldn't get to it. send me the link please so I can take a look at it... I will be taking some PLC seminar for a refresh with United Electric. Thanks

It's AB PanelView 550; Cat # 2711-K5A5 Ser# F using RS-232. and SLC 5/04 CPU using RS 232. and I know I will have to connect to each one separately to upload the programs. I know how to write the programs it's just configuring the connection is a little bit irritating. HELP...

Your PanelView has DH-485 protocol for comm. You can use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx with a straight thru cable. You will need a REAL serial port on your computer or laptop to use this driver. If you don't have a real serial port then your best option is a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH-485 converter). Your SLC5/04's serial port will have to be configured for DH-485 protocol. To connect to its port you need a null-modem cable and the same driver as above.(The default configuration on your SLC5/04's serial port is DF1). Again a real serial port on your PC or the 1747-UIC. I would trade your PV in for one with DF1 protocol or DH+ proctocol.

Wow! Your suggestion(s) really helped. I was able to go online and upload the programs successfully. Thanks for your help... I will just have to worry about programming the PanelView 550 and adding new buttons and password protected menu to it... (THE PLC PROGRAMMING PART IS DONE) THANKS ALOT...