Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indepthmarine

routing table help

9 posts in this topic

I have CJ1M CPU 13 with DA041, OD211, ID231 on a serial link from CPU rs232 port to the rs232 port on the other CPU... CJ1M CPU12 with AD081-V1, OC211, ID231. I am basically trying to map the inputs on one PLC to the outputs on the other PLC. The inconsistancies in IO count stem from stock available within a day or two. I only need 4 analog, but had the AD081 in hand. Again, only needed 16 inputs, but had the ID231 on my shelf for 2 years, and it seemed like a good idea to move it out. Now that I have thought it out, I could have used an NS10 to a CPU23 with AD041 and could have been done. Touch switches, less wiring...oh well, the parts are bought and hooked up. But, my attemts at txd/rxd and send/receive have come up empty. I have tried NT 1:N link, PC link slave and master, and rs232C. I have attempted routing tables in CX Integrator, but I can only see the local PLC attached, not the second PLC via CPU serial ports, and a cable with pin 1 to 1, 2 to 3, 3 to 2, (4&5 shorted on each) and pins 9 to 9. I have a feeling I have tried just about every combination, but must have aborted each one just prior to having all the correct settings line up. What method would you suggest for a simple, 2 PLC word exchange for 4 analog inputs, 32 D.I. one way, and 32 D.I. the other way? (there will be a serial to multi mode fiber optic converter, with 1000 feet of fiber in between, but on the bench it is just a soldered cable) Secondly, what manual would you suggest reading to get a good understanding of routing tables? I have done them before, but am now thinking it was good luck rather than good understanding. Thanks for any tips.

indepthmarine There are several ways to accomplish this, and none of them require a routing table. Routing tables are required when using FINS Ethernet, DeviceNet, Controller Link, Sysmac Link, NS passthrough programming using a serial port, and the Serial Gateway function to some serial devices. PLC to PLC comms do not require a routing table. Option 1: PC Link slave and PC Link master are designed to do what you are trying to do. My only hesitation on this is how it will handle the fiber converters. I don't know what kind of delay they will introduce, and what the timeout value is on the PC Link function. Option 2: Hostlink Protocol. You could put 1 PLC in Host LInk mode, and use the other PLC to send Host Link commands (Via the TXD and RXD instructions) to the other PLC to write and read data. This is a little more labor intensive when you write the ladder, but ultimately you have more control over the code. Option 3. Similar to the above, but let both PLCs use TXD RXD instructions and don't use the Host Link protocol. None of these options will allow you to browse the serial line and find another PLC with CX Integrator. This can only be done with an SCU module w/ the port in Serial Gateway mode. The built in RS232 port does support the serial gateway function, but of the 4 serial gateway functions (Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU, CompoWay/F, Hostlink), the built in RS232 port only supports the CompoWay/F part of serial gateway. Let me know which option you prefer, and I can assist you in the implementation. I will look into documentation for routing tables.

I have an excellent quickstart on routing tables, unfortunately it is written in Dutch....

Attached is an excerpt from a training on Routing Tables. FINS_Routing_Tables.pdf

Thank you. I am going down the PC link master/slave route. I assume there is a designated memory location for this transfer? I have it set at the default 10 words, default 9600 baud rate for now, will decrease # of words and increase baud rate once it works. Will check back shortly...trying setting changes, and reading manuals at the moment.

The addresses are tricky to find. CIO 3100 - 3109 from 'Master' to 'Slave 0' CIO 3110 - 3119 from 'Slave 0' to 'Master'

Thank you so much! I am going cross eyed from going through manuals looking for that! I was scanning the Auxiliary area, but now that you pointed me there, it is easy to find in W393. Hindsight is the best PLC tool ever. Maybe they can incorporate it into the next CX-One?

Option # 1 works just fine. I should have come here 2 days ago. But, best to try to sort it out myself first. At least I learned what doesn't work. Thanks again, PMCR \

I always respect those who try things for themselves, run into problems, and then ask intelligent questions. You fall into this catagory.