Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nibroc

CXP-V7.3 Ethernet Download Note

2 posts in this topic

Just a note: I had a colleage with an issue downloading programs to a CJ1-CPU-'R' series PLC via ethernet UDP. When a program was downloaded via Ethernet UDP the program would become corrupt and the CPU would report a fatal program error. The issue appeared to be that function block definitions were not being transerred during the download. Both Serial and Ethernet TCP downloads are fine. This problem was experienced after CX-P7.2 was updated to CX-P7.3 via an internet update. I am not sure which version of CX-Server was installed. This is just a note to warn people if they strike this problem - use serial or Ethernet TCP as a work around. Hardware was an 'R' series CJ1, with an ETN21 unit. Ordered our copy of CX-One V3 today, I wonder when we will get some CJ2's - and then I wonder how long it will take the various third party SCADA/HMI vendors to update their comms drivers to match ... Tim Edited by Nibroc

Thanks for the heads up Nibroc! Had a similar problem recently with a program that compiled OK in CXP 8.0, but when compiled in 7.2 it gave an error "could not generate function block instance code".... Still trying to find out what functions exactly have been used that are not compatible with v7.2 Bit of a PITA, especially when using customers PC through remote desktop to download programs. This means those PC's have to be updated to v8 as well.... It would be nice if CXP would give a warning when compiled something like "FB code not compatible with v...." But your problem seems more like a bug.