Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WKla

FX3U and GX Simulator

8 posts in this topic

Hello. I use GX IEC Developer v7.00 and GX Simulator v6.0. I need to simulate a program written for FX3U but the option "GX Simulator" is disabled. I know I can "Change the PLC type" and convert the project to FX2N but some instructions are not available. What version of the GX Simulator I need to simulate programs written for FX3U? Thank you.

The latest version I have is 7.20 but FX3U is supported from Version 7.08J GX_SIm_version.pdf Edited by Gambit

I had a problem with GX Sim and FX3U. I tried a number of versions up to 7.13 but could not get any of them to work, even though they were supposed to. (they were fine with other models). I uninstalled and reinstalled GX Dev, IEC Dev, and GX Sim. No difference. Mitsubishi could not help. Later I needed to clear my harddrive and re-install Windows and everything else. After doing this GX Sim 7.13 worked fine. Maybe GX Sim leaves something behind even when uninstalled. Anyone else had this problem?

This is exactly my case. I've also tried two other versions that were supposed to support FX3U and still nothing. I haven't uninstalled GX IEC Developer yet, but there is still much to go until I will reinstall Windows. Is there any other solution to this problem? Mikeb, GX Simulator v7.13 worked fine with both GX Developer and GX IEC Developer? Thank you!

I tried uninstalling GX Dev and IEC Dev, but this made no difference. It was completely by accident that I found that clearing the harddrive cured the problem. What the actual problem was I don't know. I can only assume that GX Sim leaves something behind somewhere in the registry maybe, I don't really know. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

GX Simulator prior to 7.11 does NOT support FX3U. Current version from Japan (English though) is 7.22. Change your PLC type to FX2N and try it, I bet it will work with the older simulator. It's not a software installation issue.

I upgraded to 7.13 having first tried and uninstalled older versions. If I changed to an FX2N it would work fine. It would not work for an FX3U until I cleared my harddrive and re-installed GX DEV and GX Sim 7.13 from scratch. After that it worked correctly.

Hello, GX IEC Developer 7.00 does not support GX Simulator for FX3U. The Online/GX Simulator menu item is always grayed in FX3U projects. You need to upgrade to version 7.01 or newer. Best regards, Digital Diamonds Support www.digitaldiamonds.hu