Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marjan

Low cost scada!

12 posts in this topic

Hello! Can anyone tell me wich scada systems are cheap and good?

Good, yes... but cheap Marjan, there are so many SCADA programs out there, some good and some cheap, some the best of both. Perhaps if you start telling us what specifics you are looking for, e.g. communication drivers, functionality like trends, database connections, server/client operation etc, graphic skills. Its just like with cars, if I would ask you which car is good and cheap, you would immediately ask me what I am looking for in a car that makes it good for me besides driving from a to b. Cost is something you can talk about after you have determined this.

Cheap - PVBrowser - it's free Good - FactoryPMI, Wonderware, Citect, RSView - they each have strengths and weaknesses. Depends on your needs.

I need Scada with OPC client and 64 I/O. What are the prices for this kind of scada (Citect)? Have a nice day

75 I/O Server license for Citect SCADA will in Europe will probably be around €1000,-.

Hmmm! That is too much. What about any other scada? Anything up to max 450EUR?

IF you know VB programming, it is not to hard to program a small HMI in it. There are numerous support sites that sell drivers you can use with VB. Software toolbox has a good selection.

If you have VB experience and you're dealing with DF1 (not Ethernet), this (Free) Sourceforge project might help out. The author, Archie is a good guy who is willing to answer questions and help. http://sourceforge.net/projects/abdf1/ Edited by Nathan

Do you have to connect yourself in particular to some PLC?

Hello, You could have a look at PeakHMI. Ciao Mark

Have a look at GE Fanuc's ME View. 75pt runtime incl. OPC client and server, drivers, webserver for <700 EUR