Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andis59

OPC - PROFIBUS - MR-MG30 - MR-JS2-xxB

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm a PC programmer and I have done some OPC programming using Siemens OPC Server. Now I have been given the task of controlling 4 axis using PROFIBUS. The Electricians has selected Mitsubishi and we will be using this setup. Siemens OPC Server Mitsubishi MR-MG30 Gateway Mitsubishi MR-JS2-xxB Amplifier Mitsubishi HC-KFSxx Motor I have downloaded the MR-MG30 Instruction manual SH(NA)030047-A, but I don't get anything I have set up the MR-MG30 in the OPC Server, using MG3008D2.gsd, so I have 4 areas with 14 words in and 14 words out. So that part seems to be right... But I can't figure out how to e.g. move the axis to a position? When I normally communicate with a PLC using PROFIBUS we just agree on which bit/byte/word should mean this or that. Here I think this already should be done and I should be able to read the Instruction manual and get it, but I don't... Would someone PLEASE give me some hints on how to communicate with MR-MG30 to move an axis to a specific position! // Anders

Herby some functionblock example for Siemens S7, maby it's any helpfull. S7MRMG30.zip
1 person likes this

Thank you very much! I have now talked with Mitsubishi support (or Beijer here in Sweden) and they have discurage me from doing this. So we are now going to do this from a PLC. We will save in time what the PLC+programming cost, so it's a win win situation Once again thank you for your help! // Anders