Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Glenikins

DH+ via 1784-KTX Card on Windows XP

5 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have a SCADA system communicating with a number of Allen-Bradley PLC-5's over DH+ networks, via 1784-KTX cards. The system currently runs under Windows 2000 Pro. I will shortly be needing to upgrade the OS to Windows XP. Does anyone know whether the 1784-KTX card (drivers, RSLinx, etc.) is compatible with XP Pro? Glenikins

Have you checked the Ab Knowledgebase for a compatability table?

I am presently using 1784-PKTX & 1784-PKTXD on Windows XP Pro SP1 machines with no issues. We also use Control Logix chassis with 1756-DHRIO & 1756-ENBT to get DH+ access from the network.

Ditto, no problem. Go for it.

1784-KTX is an ISA bus card interface to DH+. 1784-PKTX is a PCI bus card interface to DH+. If you are only upgrading the operating system to Windows XP and are not also changing the hardware, then you should have Windows support for your ISA bus and RSLinx will run the drivers for the 1784-KTX card. The PCI version of the card is recommended for Windows 2000 and XP, but the ISA card *should* work. If you are also upgrading the PC hardware, all bets are off. Even the 1784-PKTX cards have some trouble with modern dual-core processors and super-fast bus speeds. You might have to use a USB/DH+ device like the 1784-U2DHP with a new computer.