Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leadcommander

ControlLogix Explicit Message to B&R PLC

10 posts in this topic

I have established Produced/Consumed CIP Messages between these two PLCs To B&R_Dints[124] and From B&R_Dints[125] I require to set up another 100 Dint array to read from the B&R PLC for information data every 15 minutes I am trying to get a explicit message working I am using a CIP Data Table Read and the responce I get is: Class or Instance not supported I can not get this to work Has anyone else been able to get this working? Equipment: ControlLogix version16 ENBT/A Ethernet Module B&R X20 CP1485 Cheers

"Class or Instance not supported" message comes from B&R and it means that they don't understand class or instance that you put in your CIP message. Do you have example from B&R? if you do then post it here along with your program and someone will take a look.

I have established the Implicit Messaging between the PLCs Currently we have working: BR_to_INSTLGX[124], DINT INSTLGX_to_BR[125], DINT These are defined in a Generic Ethernet Module in the AB RSLogix5K IO Tree And in the eipcfg Data Object in the B&R Automation Studio I would like to execute an explicit message to get an additional array of 100 DINTS about every 15 minutes I have tried executing a “CIP Data Table Read” message The message generates an error stating “Class or Instance not supported” Error Code 16#0005 So I believe I need to use a Generic CIP message with Custom settings I don't know the Class or Instance values I should be using. I have requested information from the support People of B&R PLCs My question is, what the correct way to set up an Explicit Message from an AB ControlLogix to third party device Equipment used for test: 1756-L63 ControlLogix Version 16.20 slot 3 1756-ENBT/A Ethernet Bridge Version 4.3 slot 6 IP 192.168.1.196 B&R X20 CP1485 IF2 IP 192.186.1.195 Sysconf V2.94 The Eipcfg file in the B&R reads "#OWNIP=192.168.1.195" "#OWNINTERFACE=IF2" "#STATION=INSTLOGIX" "#STATIONIP=192.168.1.196" "#STATIONSTATUS=udTestStationStatus" "#CONNAME=TESTLOGIX" "#CONDIR=BOTH" "#CONRPI=100" "#INPUTASSEMBLY=AssemIn1" "logi:BR_to_INSTLGX, DINT, 125" "#OUTPUTASSEMBLY=AssemOut1" "logi:INSTLGX_to_BR, DINT, 124" "#ASSEMBLY=expMES" "logi:TOPPROF1, DINT" Any help on this would be appreciated

So you are implicitly communicating with Assembly 1? Your trying to write data to assembly 2 now? How do you have the B&R configured in the Controllogix? It may give a clue of how to setup the additional ones SWAG Message Type: CIP Generic Service Type: Get Attribute Single Instance 9 Class 4 Attribute 3 Destination DINT[125] Don't forget to set your path

The Implicit messaging is working after I built a generic ethernet module in the IO Tree This gives me an array of Dints To and From the B&R I have tested writing data into the AB PLC and in the B&R PLC and the data is transferred across to each PLC as expected No code was written in the AB PLC to get this working, just having the module defined worked. I have tried getting a Generic CIP Message to read the tag "TOPPROF1" I have just tried using Service=0x01 (GetAttribAll), Class=0x01 (Identity) Instance=0x01 for first instance As Generic attributes The message gets done but the values in the destination don’t match source and if I change the values in the source the values in the destination remain the same. I believe I am reading data from the IP port settings or something? changing the class I then get different data in the destination but again it is static data and doesn't corresponds to the data entered into the source.

Class 1, Instance 1, Attribute 1 is "Get Device Identity" object. Look at the data returned as "ASCII" and you will see device description Did you try TWControls parameters? Edited by Contr_Conn

Yes I tried TW parameters The Messsage errored with: Class or Instance not supported Error 16#0005

IF Assembly 1 is 101 then looks like the Instance should be 103 to get to Assembly 2 Rereading, I'm a little confuse. Which way are you trying to read? B&R to Controllogix or Controllogix to B&R?

I have succsess The CIP Generic message is now working Message Type CIP Generic Service Type Get Attribute Single Class 4 Instance 103 Attribute 3 Destination Test_Array I now have two Explicit Messages getting Dint[100] each, every second And the Dint[124] and a Dint[125] communicatng through the defined Ethernet Module in IO tree at 100ms On the second Expilict message the Instance is set as 104 Thanks for all the Tips Cheers

I don't know how far you plan on taking this but be aware that there are limitation to how many messages you can execute at a time. I would suggest staggering them. Since you are executing two messages every second, make it execute message 1, half second later execute message 2, half second later message 1...