Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Using a modem to connect with CXP8.01

9 posts in this topic

Can anyone confirm using a modem to connect does not work on a CXP8.01/CX-Server 4.0? When using the hand assisted dial, modem picks up normally, I click OK and after the normal handshake period I see a blink and the PLC in question stays offline. No message, nothing. But after this it refuses to open the PLC properties if I double click it or select right mouse button > change. When I close CXP application and launch it again, I can access the PLC properties and all looks fine but when I select go online I get the usual CX-Server reported an unexpected error.... If I reboot the machine same happens again. If I plug the modem (it's an external 56K which we always use) on a laptop with CXP6.1 it connects normally using same method and settings.

We've had several communication problems with CX-server to. The latest CX-server update (v4.0.3.3) solves some problems. I'll try some dial some dial up connections tomorrow and let you know the results.

Hello PdL, Sorry for not replying sooner (well, not actually replying now - just a little more info), but been soooooo busy. You are not the only one who has had a problem with using modems with the latest CX-P. There is some investigation going on... I'm currently in NL, so don't have full access to my usual resources, but as soon as I know a little more, I'll post again.

Hi anonymous & Sjakko, thanks for confirming my findings. As long as I know I am correct in this it's no big deal. I'll use my older CXP install to dial in in the mean time.

Hello, I am also with these problems. With a new project (CX-Prog. v8), it communicates perfectly. With a previous project, I am not able to communicate. In Omron they don't still have answer (?)

Hello, We have the same problem. I did change the version releases the first time with updates (from CX Programmer 7.2). And later I did the same with the new CX One 3.0 release cd's (after i even cleaned my Windows registry). What happens in my situation is that the connection is made (with the other modem) but CX Programmer doesn't do anything. No Alarm, no message nothing. When you try to connect again it tells me that the port is already in use. I also couldn't change the network type. It was light grey coloured and couldn't be changed. We had the problems on 2 seperate Dell desktop PC's (If that does matter????) I switched back to version 7.2 and wait until the problems are solved. Omron helped me correctly but they didn't have the problem. Even not with the (dial in) programms we used and have the problem with.These program were al written with older CX Programmer versions. We're glad to see that we're not the only one with this problem. Good luck.

There seem to be some changes in dial up connections after updating CX-P to V8.0.1.5 (CXP.exe version). Now, after succesful dial up connection it reports either a CPU model read failure or a general communications error. In both cases the modem stays connected but the PLC status keeps reporting "connecting....". After going offline the modem is disconnected, it looks like no service crashes or something like that. I would still like to be able to dial up with CXP V8 instead of having to switch to the older V7 version...

I don't have the problems anymore.After a few hours trying and installing I have the 2 computers working with the latest software. PC02 I started with CX programmer V7.2 and CX server 3.0. PC01 i did clean the registry until there was no Omron software anymore. After restart i used the latest DVD with CX One V3 EV3. After both installations i had to update the software from the Omron AUTO update site. You must install the next 2 files in this order; 1 - Cmn0810_0301Setup.exe (critical file) 2- Prg0810_0302Setup.exe en After these 2 updates CX programmer was back to normal again. Now i can dial with old programms to our clients without problems. CX-P.EXE 8.0.1.5 and CX-Server 4.0.4.2 (most files) I have written every step in the 2 included text files I solved this problem with assistance of Omron Hoofddorp - The Netherlands We're both glad about this. Good luck OmronUpdatePC01_EN.txt OmronUpdatePc02_EN.txt

Hi Joris, Thanks for the information. So it should work with V8.0.1.5.... I am absolutely not amused by these re-install "solutions"