Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alanled

Proportional control help

2 posts in this topic

I'm using a 200 series PLC with analogue I/O modules. I have a row of 5 hydraulic cylinders with linear feedback controlled by 5 double acting proportional valves respectively. One cylinder is to be the master and the other 4 are to follow and correct for any diviation. The question I'm asking is, what would be the best way in doing this: should I use the analogue input from the master as a reference, or a PID wizard? I'm a bit unsure at the moment until I start to play! any advice would be most welcome.

Hi I have had numerous applications similar to yourself. only in my case 3 hydraulic rams are used to to set a gap between 2 rings with feed back via 3 LDVT from the rings to feedback the distance and the cylinders were either driven in or out by double acting solenoids, In my case I had one master which used the required gap as a target, the other two rams used the masters actual (i.e not target) gap as there targets. each ram had its own PID loop control, with parameters set to suit each ram. Hope this helps