Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geek

CPM1 Comms Problem

4 posts in this topic

Hello All, I have a CPM1 (CMP1-30CDR-A-V1) plc which has faulted. The PWR led and the ERR led are both on (not blinking). I want to connect to it and check the error but keep getting the error "No response from PLC". I'm however able to connect to CPM1A (CPM1A-20CDR-A-V1). I'm using Syswin 3.4, USB-CIF02. I have also tried CX Programmer 5.0 but no success. Can USB-CIF02 connect to CPM1? Please advice. Thank You.

What is an USB-CIF02? Do you mean CQM1-CIF02? If you communicate with a CPM1A-xx you should communicate equally with a CPM1-xx unless the configuration of the port this modified with some protocol that is not the one that comes for defect. In this case it will use a manual console.

Sorry. Already him you. http://ny.pressmania.com/Brooklyn/166/259290.aspx and other more in Chinese. Omron USB - CIF02 Cable Omron PLC Programming Cable Replacement USB - CIF02 Cable for Omron series PLC with 20pin connector. Description: Cable Length Approx 3.5 to put, New, tested 100%, Not made by Omron, Tested with Win2000 and XP, Drivers CD included But -> Not made by Omron

Thanks for the reply. I think the unit has failed because I tried with the Handheld programmer and it only displays dashes (===================). The programmer, however, works with the CPM1A.