Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ModeManuel

? to backup dl405 mem in direct soft 5

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new user of direct logic & direct soft . first, I got lost with the accumulator and stack principle but after some tryed and reading. I can now enjoy the software and plc . Working with Real number the cpu firmware is well developed even if the hardware seem a little bit old (octal processor). With other cpu i'm used to backup all memory and ofcourse ladder. But in direct soft I don't find any way to backup all memroy range in particulary V memory . is there a way to do so or I should use another software For me it is very important to find a way to do this backup. and concerning REal number , I know that the cmpR work but do you know if inline instruction like = > < can handle real number ex =R <R <R ... if exist. thanks for your suggestion

There are two ways to save ladder in the DirectLogic. The first just saves the ladder file only. File -> Write Program. The other way writes the ladder and the memory contents of the PLC. File -> Save Project.

Thank's, it work, save projet, save all v memroy... is there a way to see the v memory content when offline ...

Not easily, but you can use the memory editor. Tools -> Memory Editor.

http://support.automationdirect.com/products/directsoft.html This will be good to 100 steps. After that you need to but the full package.