Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr_g_d_a_e

CX-Programmer Section and Rung Comment removal

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone please suggest a way to remove comments/labels from Section and Rung headers? Also is there any way to secure a file i.e. passwprd protect when off-line from PLC? Using Cx-P ver 7.2 Many thanks, Edited by mr_g_d_a_e

Hello mr_g_dae, Welcome to the forum..., if you want to delete them, just delete them. Highlight the rung, right click select Properties... delete the comments. If you mean just the Section / Rung comments, use Tools / Options menu, select Ladder Information tab, uncheck the "Show - Program / Section Comments". These cannot be deleted as such, as they are automatically generated by CX-P. There is no way to password protect an offline CX-P file (within CX-Programmer anyway). Hope this helps.

There is no way to password protect an offline CX-P file (within CX-Programmer anyway). anonymous, I beg to differ. You can task protect individual or all tasks when offline, at least on a CJ series processor. Right click on each program task you wish to protect. Select "Properties", and check box "Task Read Protect" Right click on processor and select "Properties", "Protection", "Task Read Protection". Enter desired Password. Select PLC tab, "Protection", "Set Password". Save program and exit CX Programmer. On restarting CX Programmer the program is now protected.

Hi again, Many thanks for those replies...I didn't ask quite the right question. Under the guise of 'asset security' I have had a 'gun put to my head' to hand over "back up copies" of PLC programs to someone who fancies he might use those to have a play and make 'improvements' What I want to do is take each of the programs that are presently labelled, commented, symbols named and commented, etc, and generate a bare-bones ladder with nothing but the addresses, the logic and the automatic symbols. I am hoping to do this file by file, not section by section or rung by rung. Then, if they are smart enough, they can work out what all the bits are for, add the label and comment info, and play around -by all means, be my guest! Symbol names - easy to do -select all, and delete. Ladder sections- I can only find a one by one method...there are too many sections and rungs of those. I have tried to create a blank .idx file and import /overwrite using that -without success. The other method I have contemplated is to generate a mnenomic listing and save just the code, Can anyone suggest a quick way to do that? Kind regards

What version CPU is it? The easiest way that I can think of is to ensure that the symbols & comments are not downloaded to the unit, then do an upload to a new file, and there should be 'bare-bones' ladder as you call it.

Hello mr_g_d_a_e Right click the PLC in the Project Workspace, select "Transfer \ To File" from the context menu. Select only "Program". This will save just the program in an Autoexec.obj file. Then, create another PLC, then just do the reverse "Transfer \ From File..." No Symbol names, comments, nada, zippp! Hope this helps

Absolute Champion! thank you anonymous, sorry it took so long to follow up, All the best