Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

CX-One V3.04 & Vista

2 posts in this topic

Received my upgrade package in the last few days. Tried to install on my desktop with Vista SP1. CX-One indicated that the old version would be removed - clicked OK. CX-One then brought up a message that there was a problem with, I think it was, CX-One.msi or something like that and immediately started to restore the old installation. I then went and removed all the old software one bit at a time. Re-booted and the old version of CX-One tried to re-install. Removed everything again and ran Registery Mechanic before re-booting the computer - this included removing all directories and sub directories. Re-booted and then started to install the upgrade. Low and behold CX-One install package indicated that some portions of software were still there but 'un-installed' them and all was happy at last. Looks like there is a problem withg installing over an existing Vista installation. That little excercise took about 3 hours! That said there is a new section called CX-ConfiguratorFDT. Upon examination this piece of software appears to be for setting up ProfiBus DPV0, DPV1, CompoNet and HART?? Are we getting HART? Another new section is Network Configurator For Ethernet I/P - must be more new stuff on the way like Ethernet I/P I/O Modules??? Only showing communications adaptors at the moment. The CX-Profibus section is now empty as it is in CX-ConfiguratorFDT. There is still CompoNet support in CX-Integrator as well. Lots of new pretty pictures for setting up the CJ2H PLCs in CX-P via USB/network, EthernetIP network ets. Should make life a bit easier. Nice new backup tool and NETWORK SYMBOLS! Have not had a chance to have a look any further at this stage but certainly will when there is time.

CX-Configurator FDT is for ProfiNet