Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pabeader

Where did trend go?

5 posts in this topic

Imagine my suprise when I opened up RsLogx 500 and did not find the Trend feature. I was just telling one of the Maint guys all about it, and how few people know about it or use it. Apparently there is something missing from my install. Anybody know what I'm missing and where I can find it?

I ran into the same thing several years ago ... I found out that the TREND was part of the RSLogix5 (yes, FIVE) package ... once I installed RSLogix5 on the same computer, the Trend feature automatically appeared and started working on RSLogix500 ... I heard later (but never confirmed) that you could explore the RSLogix5 CD for the "right" file and just copy that into the "proper" place so that RSLogix500 can find it ... as far as I know you don't have to actually "activate" RSLogix5 to make the magic happen ... my understanding is that RSLogix5 contains the magic file - but RSLogix500 does not ... remember that this was all done several years ago - so take everything that I've said with a GENEROUS sprinkling of salt ... hope this helps ...

Thanks Ron! From what I've found on the web, that really makes sense. Unfortunatly, I have both 5 and 500 on this computer. Will take a look around on my 5 cd though. I wasn't the one that did the install and it might not have been selected.

It may also be version related. I have RSLogix500 Pro on this machine and it includes trends as well as custom graphical monitors. I don't have RSLogix5 on this PC though. Maybe with the standard version of RSLogix500 it is not automatically installed? EDIT: Read Allen Bradley Knowledgebase ID 9258 It explains how to add trendx downloaded from: http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwell...ware/downloads/ Edited by OkiePC