Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcalderonv

1336 Plus II and SMC Dialog via EthNet/IP

4 posts in this topic

Hello, So far, I haven't found in www.ab.com the interfaces to communicate this equipment via Ethernet/IP. Actually I don't even know whether if they exist. Does anyone have some information about them? Thanks in advance.

Yes, there is a SCANPort to EtherNet/IP interface called the 1203-EN1. It's not very common because most older drives are already networked to RIO or DeviceNet, but it's been around for a couple of years and works well. http://www.ab.com/drives/1203-en1/index.html When you insert an EtherNet/IP device in RSLogix 5000 I/O configuration, you'll see the supported drive profiles in the module list. Note that this device is intended for use with ControlLogix EtherNet/IP I/O networks and is not intended to connect to PLC-5E or SLC-5/05 controllers. There is some limited messaging connectivity to PLC/SLC, but it is not meant for drives control.

Thanks Ken, We are intending to comunicate them with a Compact Logix L32E, so I think it would be possible. I have read that the SMC Dialog is a ScanPort enabled product, then the 1203-EN1 would also work with it. doesn't it? Best regards. Edited by dcalderonv

In RSLogix 5000 version 16, right-click on the Ethernet network in the I/O tree and you will see all the supported drives and devices. SMC Dialog Plus is on the list for connectivity via 1203-EN1.