Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephenrichardson

Siemens WinCC questions

5 posts in this topic

I am new to WinCC and have been playing around on a blank project in WinCC 6.0 SP 2. I have connected the project to an S7. I have a few fundamental questions: Is there a method to close a picture (screen) with a button or do you need to use a script? (examples...) I have connected to the S7 PLC via MPI (serial) but can't connect via TCP/IP. I can connect via TCP/IP in Step 7 software though. Is there anything special i should know that requires doing? Do i need to setup a named connection? Is there anywhere i can view project/application errors. Is there anywhere i can find out how the project is connecting to a database. Do i need to configure this? Where do i configure this? I have used many other SCADA applications before including Cimplicity and Intouch but not WinCC. Any answers would be very helpful.

I just added a WinCC tutorial to the available downloads on this site. Check under Siemens manual downloads and you will see the zipped up tutorial. It covers most of the questions you stated.

Hi Stephen. I dont know WinCC (I do know WinCC Flexible, but that is something else), but I think I know why you cannot connect via TCP/IP. WinCC contains native drivers for MPI and DP which are set via the S7ONLINE access point. STEP7 contains in addition a driver for TCP/IP, but WinCC do not, and WinCC cannot use the same driver as STEP7 does in case they both reside on the same PC. What you need is a version of Simatic Net with ethernet capability for your communication hardware. If you use a regular ethernet NIC, then Simatic Softnet IE Lean will do the trick.

You have to buy it from Siemens. Sorry for the late reply.