Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rramirez

Off Delay Timer.

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I need to setup an off delay timer on an Omron C28K PLC using Syswin 3.4. I am more familiar with AB and off delay timers are a cakewalk. Please advise. Do I have to resort to the KEEP instruction? I'm trying to setup a momentary Push button to turn on an output regardless of how long it's held for at least 4 seconds or until the push button is released. I appreciate any info. Thank you!

Hi rramirez, I am not familiar with this particular model but look at the logic on the attached picture. The output will be ON as long as the push button is pressed; if released in less than 4 sec. output will still stay ON till the timer kicks off and disconnects it (4sec) Edited by atanas

This is actually not an Off-delay, but a minimum signal duration limiter. But this is what rramirez really needs. Here are two versions of real Off-delay timer emulation, if you ever need it. The first (simpler) one is fully functional, but generates output signal on PLC start, without button being pressed. If this is unacceptable, the second version to be used. Edited by Sergei Troizky