Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcmccartney1

ControlLogix Devicenet Interface to Compax3

3 posts in this topic

Attempting to interface a L61 to Parker Compax3 Servo amps via DeviceNet. Can't seem to get the words/bytes to equate in the scanner and avoid a "77". Next, I can setup the Compax3 DeviceNet I/O mapping, but can't figure out in Codesys how to get data into a function block diagram to control motion. Anyone have any knowledge of Codesys? Thanks in advance.

I have not worked on the Compax3 myself but one our our engineers just did a job at one of our facilities in Mexico using it. I mentioned it to him and he recommended the following link for manuals, training videos and additional setup information: http://www.parkermotion.com/manuals/hauser...ax3/Compax3.htm

Thanks for the info Rod. I already had this info, but it's for DeviceNet interface to the T11 version of the Compax3 rather than the T30. While a T30 can be made to think it's a T10, I have a linear actuator that need to progress through 3 seperate motions and report back when the entire motion profile is complete. The profile occurs 3 to 4 times per second. I fear multiple reads and writes to the drive via DNet might be slow. I hope to program the motion profile in the T30 and simply tell it to "Go" or run the motion profile once and report back when done. Of particular concern, I see that the C3_Array can be read/write but see no means by which to parse bits out of the bytes. Example, one INT value to send multiple commands like start, stop, enable, forward, reverse and so on. I'm missing something in the CodeSys instruction set that would allow me to address to the bit level without writing a lot of FBD logic to try and check the status of one bit and enable the motion profile. Would also seem wasteful to use an entire INT for each bit command. Thanks, Rick