Guest GiAnniS

s7-226 modbus master?

15 posts in this topic

it can s7-226 communicate with modbus master or only with slave? i want him to make master in inverter… I can?

anyone???? :*-( :-8 nothing!??? :(

Hello; Siemens has an add-on product to MicroWin that they call Instruction Library Toolbox (order no. 6ES7830-2BC00-0YX0) Here is a quote from their website: STEP 7-Micro/WIN32 Add-On: Instruction Library This CD adds instruction libraries to the standard STEP-7 Micro/WIN Version 3.2 programming software. This new Micro/WIN Add-On Instruction Library adds two library folders to the STEP 7-Micro/WIN for the following communication protocols: USS Protocol: The newly improved USS protocol library supports both the Micro-Master 3 (MM3) and Micro-Master 4 (MM4) drives. The USS protocol library makes controlling Micro-Master drives easier by including pre-configured subroutines and interrupt routines that are specifically designed for using the USS protocol to communicate with the drive. With the USS instructions, you can control the physical drive and the read/write drive parameters. MODBUS® Protocol: The additional MODBUS® protocol library makes communicating to MODBUS® master devices easier by including pre-configured subroutines and interrupt routines that are specifically designed for MODBUS® communication. With the MODBUS® slave protocol Instructions, you can configure the S7-200 to act as a MODBUS® RTU slave device and communicate to MODBUS® master devices. Hope this helps, Daniel Chartier

Daniel Chartier this is for modbus master? With the MODBUS® slave protocol Instructions, you can configure the S7-200 to act as a MODBUS® RTU slave device and communicate to MODBUS® master devices. I don't see anythink for modbus master:( am i right???

Hello, SinnAiG; You are correct. The S7-200 Modbus Protocol is for slave status only. If your inverter is a siemens MM420 or 440, you can use the USS protocol from the same library to control it. Hope this herlps, Daniel Chartier

i want to use the s7-226 for modbus master not for slave.... can i???? :*-(

Hello, SinnAiG; In the Siemens world, the smallest PLC that can act as a modbus master is the S7-300, using a serial card (Cp340 or CP341), addind a Modbus Master optionnal package to the serial card. Effective but very expensive. Just remember that Siemens considers Modbus as a competitive proprietary protocol; they will allow you to use it, but they will charge you dearly. Hope this helps, Daniel Chartier

Dear GiAnniS, I have the same problem.But when we can use the siemens Free port for our desired application. So can't we use the s7-200 as master?

here is the code for the modbus master. read the comments very carefully. it will give all the info you need. i got this working with a tele VFD and several radio modems on a wastewater job. good luck! Modbus_master.zip
1 person likes this

dear khekd, Very thanks for your kindly help can you let me know which version did you develop your program.?

microwin 4.0! Unfortunately, this is the first version of microwin that is not downward compatible. Trust me, I already poked fun at all the Siemens guys and said they were starting to become another Rockwell. The upgrade is only $150 but if you can find a copy from your local Siemens distributor it is still not license keyed. Good luck

Dear sirs/ladies, I've got the siemens MicroWin 4.0- I can give every one need. it is just 50$. Best Regards mostafa samady

I have tried the Modbus master program but it's not working. you see, i'm new with modbus, it just so happened that the device that I am going to read from (the modbus slave) is an Intellisys controller by Ingersoll-Rand; it has a 2-stop bit property (can not be changed!) and the S7-200 is by default a 1 stop bit device which can not also be changed. Is this the main reason why the modbus master program is not working? Is there anybody who has already communicated with Intellisys SG controller or IRI with S7-200 via Modbus, I am very much willing to give a software authorization in return, (Step 7 V5.3 authorization!). How about that? Thanks a lot. KAMPAY!!! doc

i have the same problem ! My slave has 2 stop bits, and i can´t comunicate with cpu-226 as a master. but when i use my slave with a modbus simulator 8N1, its works well. Could somebody help-me ? thanks in advance.

On 1/19/2005 at 10:10 PM, khekd said:

here is the code for the modbus master. read the comments very carefully. it will give all the info you need. i got this working with a tele VFD and several radio modems on a wastewater job. good luck! Modbus_master.zip

I can't find the attached  Modbus_master.zip  file. Can you reattach, please?

Best Regards,

BagyI