Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrej_S

PG 615 user manual wanted

3 posts in this topic

Hi; I need to make some changes in PLC program. I have SIMATIC S5 115U CPU 941 with 8k memory submodule (EPROM) in it. Also I have a new empty memory submodule, hand-hold programmer PG615U with operating sistem module inserted, but I don't have any manual instructions for it. I've searched in support.siemens... and all the web, but there is no manuals for PG615. I've sucsessfully transfered program from PLC to my PC, made some corrections, but now I don't know is it possible (and, if it is, then how?) to transfer program from PC to PG615, or I have to transfer program from PLC directly to PG615 and then make corrections? Is there anyone who can help me with this, please?

I dont think you will find an electronic copy of the PG615 manual it is very old. How did you transfer the program to your PC, are you using Step5 software? I take it you are using the PG615 to transfer the program to the EPROM. Quickest thing would be to find someone localy with a programmer who could blow the EPROM for you. I offer a similar service in the UK, there must be people in your part of the world. From what I can remember the PG615 can only handle one block at a time. There is no way of transfering the program directly to your PG615 from the PC, you would have to transfer each block seperatley using the RAM on the CPU941 as a buffer (Transfer from PC to CPU941, then from CPU941 to the EPROM in PG615 Edited by Mike Dyble

I transfered the program directly from PLC to PC via 6ES5 743 1BD20 connection cable. I'm using "PLC WorkShop for Siemens S5" software (ver. 5.12). Also, I've connected PG615 to PLC using simple 15-pins cable and transfered each block separatley, I'm just not sured about programming on PG615 (btw. entire meny on PG615 is on German) but I think that I will handle it. I've found user manual for PG605. It seems that it has many similar things with PG615. Thank you anyway. I could find someone with programmer, but where is a challenge and satisfaction in that case?