Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mutttt

RTU data to SCADA

6 posts in this topic

How do I get time stamped data from a logger/RTU into my trends on an Intouch or similar SCADA? assuming the system connects via GSM every 24hrs

In your tag defination make one tag option (LOG DATA) is active. Then easly in your historical trend object you will get your tag to use it.

Sorry the first post wasnt clear. What I need to know is if I have an RTU datalogger on a remote site collecting data every minute and logging it locally on the RTU, how do I then get this logged data integrated into my SCADA package trends assuming the remote RTU connects to the SCADA once every 24hrs? Do I need to look at importing csv files into SQL etc? Thanks Edited by mutttt

Data Logging on the remote site every minute ends up being a lot of data to transfer one time a day. What kind of wireless network are you using can have a big impact on transfering the file. If you are archiving data locally to a csv file, the import option might be the easiest way to go. I would check with Scada HMI package manufacturer to discuss options for bulk file import.

I think this option still not available from WonderWare, since it is only working with real time data. Some other HMI manufacturer have this option like TopKapi and PCWin from Sofrel.

You can use GT-540-3GWA and Free M2M RTU Center to get data from your Modbus RTU data logger into Intouch, Indusoft, EZ Data Logger or similar SCADA systems. GT-540P-3GWA: $899.00 Cellular Wireless Intelligent 3G Remote Terminal Unit with GPS and 2G micro SD card for remote monitoring applications. Ideal for Vehicle Tracking. Has 6 DI, 2 DO, and 1 AI. Supports operating temperatures from -25C ~ +75C http://www.icpdas-usa.com/gt_540p_3wga.html Maria Lemone ICP DAS USA, Inc. http://www.icpdas-usa.com 1-310-517-9888 ext 105