Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
theripley

r u familiar with sensor controller?

2 posts in this topic

hello everybody,this is my first post on the forum im new plc programming enthusiast, i find it very easy to program and utilize for different control needs..iv got this project which will involve OMRON smart sensor & vision sensor..im not reli familiar with the operation of these sensors tho iv read the manuals of each, its reli different if uv got to simulate it physically than merely reading its downloaded manual these sensor controllers will be my inputs to the plc, now on the sensor controller there is the ENABLE and the OVERALL JUDGEMENT (OR), do i hav to connect this both to my plc?my assumption is to connect only the OR to the input, wil this work???...the sensor controller will be shipted here after 3 weeks, but i need to finish my program asap.. help anyone

It all depends on how much control over the sensor controller you want/need. By just connecting the OR sensor output to the PLC you can only know if the sensor controller has given an overall judgement and not if the controller is in error, someone has left it in adjust mode, which bank it is using, etc. Not sure this is the correct forum for the thread, but I don't know where I would have put it either -I'm sure someone will come along point you in the right direction. TK_STUART