Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ckchew666

Mitsubishi communication cable for GOT & Q series?

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Currently I've a project using GOT 1155 & Q series CPU (Q00JCPU). I need the GOT transparent feature, where the PC can access the Q series CPU thru the GOT 1155 usb port. I'd like to confirm the cables that I required to purchase. Communication cable between GOT 1155 & Q series CPU: GT01-C30R2-6P Cable between PC & GOT 1155 (for transparent function): ? My PC has USB or RS232. Hope to hear from you guys. Thanks.

You have the correct cable for between the GOT and QPLC. For the Programming connection between the GOT and your laptop, you will need to use USB, because the serial port on the GOT will be occupied by the PLC cable. The port on the front of the GT11 is standard mini-USB, of the type used by most digital cameras. If you don't already have one, you can buy one from Mitsubishi, part number GT09-C30USB-5P.

Hi guys, The communication cable between GOT & PLC is GT01-C30R2-6P. This cable has one side as 9 pin female & another side as 6 pin Mini Din Male. Can this cable be selfmade using PS2 (mouse/keyboard) as the 6 pin Mini Din Male? They look the same physically. I'm not sure if there is anything special inside this cable.

Yes, they can be made using off the shelf parts. Nothing special about the connectors, except that the plastic molding on some Mini-DIN connectors doesn't fit some Mitsubishi controllers because of the way the port is mounted. I don't think that's a problem with the Q series though. And I've seen some people carve the connector to fit, so that's a fall-back! We carry Mencom cables, and they have Mini-DIN patch cables for use with their Panel Interface Connectors. The connectors are male on both ends, and you can get 6 or 10 foot versions standard. You could get something like that and cut it in half and add the DB9 connector. Physically would be easier, though you'd probably have to ring out the Mini-DIN connector to figure which wire goes to which pin.

http://www.mitsubishi-automation.com/mymitsubishi_index.html

any radioshack will sell the cable from pc to hmi for a cheaper price. it is a basic camera cable, usb to mini usb cable. I bought both of my cable @ radioshack, pc to hmi and pc to plc.