Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

SCADA courses, anyone tried one?

5 posts in this topic

Hi Im considering participating in an online based SCADA course that covers 12 modules over 3 months including DNP (3), other protocals for fieldbus, LAN and WAN among verious other topics and example of real life scenarios. Its called a certificate in Modern SCADA communication systems by IDC Technologies. The price for the course is over 1000 euro but i dont think thats too bad for the amount of topics covered. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of these type of courses if not this one specificially and had any good/bad stories about them...

You could pick up their book for a fraction of the price for a good preview. I'm interested in user feedback about online IDC training. This is the first I've heard about them.

I contacted IDC technologies but they no offer this training in America. Does anybody know about any SCADA training online here in America?

Uh, "online training" here in America? Doesn't that defeat the point of "online"?

the best thing to do is to contact whatever company you work with (citect, wonderware, etc) and ask about their training programs. there is an online course.... some university. they have past courses available online for free. one was dealing with creating user interfaces. it was pretty useful for getting an idea of how to make things user friendly. I'll se if i can dig it up.