Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fischb22

Square D Sy/Max

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of an adapter for Square D's PLCs that does not require the use of the ISA board? a USB adapter or PCI adapter perhaps? and / or a network adapter and/or software to go with it for programming? Thanks

Serial cable and Sy/Mate. They also released a Windows package a few years back but I cannot remember the name. You've never needed a board in the PC to program a Symax via its serial port.

oh really? i'm new to SQD and was asked to research this. i was told it was not a normal serial port. they have some kind of network setup (synet?) not sure on this either, i know you can program it threw the network not using a serial port.

I programmed a few Symax PLCs and they all programmed with a cable on the serial port of the laptop, not via the network. Someone else would have to help with how to program it over Synet with the card. I have no idea on that setup.

There was a ISA card you could plug into an older computer that would put you on the Sy/net network. But really go to the www.niobrara.com/ web site, you need a RS422 to RS232 converter and the Sy/Mate software. This will plug directly to the Processor or the network module. George