Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremiah

SLC5/05 Fault Code 2Ch?

5 posts in this topic

I had a 5/05 processor fault out Friday night. The keyswitch was able to get it back into run mode. The last major fault code was 2Ch. I can't find anything on this code and was wondering if anybody knew what it is. The PLC is hooked up to a PC via ethernet running RSview32. Thanks for your help. JS

See Pic below, Have you made any changes lately?

Mickey: Changes to what? The only thing we did recently was make changes to the RSview32 application. We installed it under the admin log in and were trying to make it available to other users on the cpu. Still didn't get that working but thats whole different topic. Left if running under the Admin log in and it was working fine. What does that fault mean? Could this have caused the processor to fault? JS

Any changes to your SLC program? Your RSView should not have anything to do with this ,unless its trying to write to an indirect address file. If its the fault I reference above it means that some indirect addressing is trying to access a data file that is not big enough. Post your code if you can and someone can help look. Also next time it occurs the processor should tell you where. Lad file and rung number, under processor status.

Perhaps the RSView application writes to a location which is used as the indirection element within the program. Could some entry limitation in the previous version now not be effective so that a too big number is written?