Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
santiago

Modem Remote through USB ports

2 posts in this topic

for all my older applications I have being giving support with a Sony Ericson celular modem RS232C or with the older Nokia phones that have a RS2332C adaptor cable. This always changing the omron standard port settings since the celullar devices will just accept the JIS 8 bit set,all this using the periferial port with a CIF or the PLC RS232C port if abailiable since in some applications I have it for a MMI or for modbus. The thing is that with CP1H and CP1L is no longer possible to remote service through the USB programming port and sometimes the RS232 are used for MMI with a setup different thant the required for the celullar or the slot are in use for comm with other devices like modbus. Any one knows if there is an adaptor or modem in the market that can work from the PLC USB? I know that is always posible to add a C1W communication unit , but this add a substansial expense just for a possible service need.

I wouldn't consider a list price of $53.50 for the CP1W-CIF01 Serial port to be a "substantial expense"!! All models of the CP1H and the M series units of the CP1L processors can accomodate two Serial ports. One for your HMI and the other for the modem. Edited by BITS N BYTES