Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

Cj1M connected with s7-300

5 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have some old system controlled by S7-300. Some new hardware and SCADA will be added. I need to collect some data from S7-300. Is there any way to get some unit for S7-300 with Devicenet or I have to install profibus unit to CJ1M and S7-300 and establish connection via Profibus. Any experience? Pawel

Siemens will have something of DeviceNet when these they are acquired by Allen Bradley. You can be calm that they don't have the most minimum interest in DeviceNet. You can put a master of ProfiBus in the CJ1, and slave in the Siemens, or also, if you have to install a Scada, CX-supervisor uses, which is client OPC. You will have the OPC of Siemens and to install it in the same PC that the Scada. Edited by Automation

Does it need to be Device net... If you look at the redlion Data station Plus or their HMI they will support communication gateways, and they are literally a piece of pi$$ to set up. Have in fact done an Omron to S7300 as you have stated this very way.

In fact maybe I do not need Device Net. The Data station Plus looks interesting. I need collect data from S7 and Omron to visualize processes (SCADA) - I can get it using just OPC server, but I also need exchanging data between PLCs directly Do you know if using Data station Plus I can arrange it? Thanks Pawel

Yes, the Data Station can read from one PLC and write to the other. It can do this in both directions. Here is a short tutorial from our web site demonstrating how it is done: http://www.redlion.net/g3features/G3%20Fea...0Converter.html Regards, Dan