Guest jan46

RSS file problem

20 posts in this topic

What programs opens rss files? I have RSLogix500 2.0.75.0, but doesn't open the rss file what I want. The error message is "unexpected file format"

The file you have got is probably from a newer version of RSLogix, I think we're up to version 6 now. You cannot open a file from a newer version.

Yup...that's what I would have said too. PS. I deleted your other post because you have a new topic created here. Thanks!

the advice you’ve already received is accurate ... you really need to update your copy of RSLogix500 ... but there is a “work-around” for this situation which might be of interest ... it may not apply to your situation but I’ll pass it along for what it’s worth ... sometimes it comes in very handy in emergency situations when you’re emailing files back and forth ... if someone else has a newer version of RSLogix500 ... and you have an older version ... then have them do a “File/Save As” and save the file in the very old .ACH format ... RSLogix500 will crank out about fifteen files ... one of these will be the .ACH file and the rest will contain documentation, etc. ... put ALL of these files in your default RSLogix500 project folder ... cross your fingers and then try to open the .ACH file ... your old version of RSLogix500 should be able to open this much older format ... and if you’re REAL lucky, all of the documentation will come across too ... finally, you might consider posting your existing .RSS file on this forum ... someone nice might come along and save it in the .ACH format for you ... that just might help get you out of a jam ... best regards, Ron PS: the same type of thing can be done with RSLogix5 by saving the .RSP file in the older .X5 format ...

Could you give me a link, where i can 6 version download from?

Rockwell Software sells update support; most users pay an annual fee and receive phone support and upgrades to RSLogix 500. If you have not upgraded in the past 5 years (which that version number would indicate) then there is a "reinstatement" fee. The update website is: support.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates But before you can download a new version, you must purchase a support contract from your friendly local Rockwell Automation distributor.

Anybody could open, and save my file in an older format, if I send it in e-mail?

I dunno about "anybody" but most of us have the lastest and greatest version. ZIP UP your program and attach it to this post. We can download it and post it back in the older format.

Just for some reading pleasure... This file explains all of the changes in RSLogix500 versions from V2.00 to V6.00 RS500_ReleaseNotes.htm Edited by 93lt1

2 Alan_505: May I ask you please convert also our 3 files? We have a lot of time spent but can't open them! We'll be VERY grateful for that! Or maybe somebody knows a links for RSLogix update from ver 2 to 5 or 6? our_project.zip

I'll convert it for you. In order to "upgrade" from your current version you will have to renew support for your RSLogix500 package. rss_to_ach.zip

Thank you for the convert.

Hello. I have received 2 RSS files from a customer. Would somebody be so kind to make me a Pdf of these ? At this point I am not clear how to upload these files to this forum ? Thanks Guys

When replying to a thread click on "More Reply Option" lower right. It will then give you the option to attach a file.

3 hours ago, ESbidtech said:

Could I ask someone to verify that this is a working .RSS program?

J1801PLC Rev. A.RSS

No. Its blank,all it does is open RSLogix500, no program (nothing)