Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eitel

Help! Cx-Modem

10 posts in this topic

Hello, Please!!!! I need help!! I need the program CX-Modem Support Tool. On the Web EUROPE-OMRON is not posibol download the program CX-Modem. Even when subscriben. Someone knows the link to download the free program. Thanks.

It should be available when registered and logged in at the Software registration and download area Have you registered any valid CX-One license ? See Software Registration > Your license numbers being processed or Your validated license numbers to check the status of the registered licenses. Although it is available for free, it does come with a license included so I don't know if it is freely distributable.

The number of license of CX-One identifies to that region of the world belongs. Can you discharge something of upgrades of CX-One? He/she can that it doesn't allow you to discharge rest of programs. In all ways, PdL, you could go up the program in "Download Code" . It is of free distribution with gratuitous license and I don't believe that you ends up never upgrading more. This program came out in the first versions of CX-Programmer, when to communicate with a modem was problematic. It contacts with Omron. For sure they spend it by mail.

Hello Automation, 1: CX-Modem is not freely distributable. This is why it is only available as a "freebie" to anyone who has a valid Omron software licence. (This doesn't necessarily have to be CX-One - as long as it is a currently valid licence). Either Eitel has not registered correctly, or does not have a valid licence number. (Eitel, can you confirm this? How did you attempt to register? What software / version number are you registering with?) PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LICENCE NUMBERS YOU ARE USING!!!! 2: CX-Modem was never distributed with, or as an add-on to CX-Programmer, and was never designed to be, and was never intended to be a part of CX-Programmer. CX-Modem developement started in 2004 as a direct response to the number of support requests that were being recieved from customers who were having problems with modem communications, most of which were down to the modem setups themselves, and very little to do with the network settings in CX-Programmer and / or CX-Net (which is why CX-Modem includes AT Command sets for a range of Westermo modems, that can be transferred directly to the modem). Hope this clears things a little, and if Eitel can provide more information, we may be able to help with registration and the downloading of CX-Modem. Edited by anonymous

anonymous, thank you for the explanation. It is not my intention to liberate software without permission. My confusion comes from being able to see oneself license for all the users that can discharge it. Regards.

Hello Automation, No problems, didn't think that you were "distributing" it. Just wanted to make things a little more clear for the OP.

So, you worked it out?

Ummmm , finds me that they have given him answer for other latitudes. . . . I prefer the seriousness.

The posts on this topic seem a little difficult to understand. This is what I have found. I registered my CXONE on the site listed in this Topic, and after the registration was confirmed I still did NOT have access to CX-Modem. I then registered an old copy of CX Programmer, and after the registration was confirmed I DID have access to CX-Modem. It would appear as though CX Programmer unlocks access to CX-Modem and CXOne does not. I would this helps others.