Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neilr216

SAFETY PLC (Jokab)

3 posts in this topic

I am providing this download for anyone interested in the JOKAB (Swedish) Safety PLC system which we have used extensively in the last two years. This particular application is a press with a Pressotechnik air-over-oil press cylinder and a Sitema safety catcher (catches the die shoe if it breaks from the cylinder) Light curtain inputs are dual channel category 4 & Emergency Stop & Press Ram Block in series are single channel using the Jokab Category 4 pulsed output/input system. The pulsed system will detect electrical shorts in connected safety components. Handshaking to a non-safety OMRON PLC is through discrete I/O. Safety PLC errors are configured in the software and displayed on the LED Alpha/numeric display on the front of the safety PLC. I have included the safety PLC program as well as the I/O configuration in PDF format. For further information regarding Jokab - http://www.jokabsafetyna.com/products/safetyplc/index.html Safety_PLC.zip

Additional information : Pluto Safety PLC Image, Typical Application Drawing showing FGR monitoring and Non-Safety PLC Handshaking

I've been using the Pluto safteyrelay for my three last project (B20, B46 and Dual B46) and I have to say once you get the hang of it its pretty good... But of course you need to be careful when it comes to machine and personal saftey. I've been talking to the Pluto relays over profibus (thru the gatway) and this also works fine.