Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest RedStinger

I want to build a TSX 3710 PLC to PC cable

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I have a TSX 3710 PLC. I am downloading the PL7 demo software (125Mb) from Modicon's website. I want to build the cable to plug my PC to the TSX 3710. As extra data, the TSX 3710 has a "minidin 8" female connector. Do you know where I can get information to built the cable? Thx in advance RedStinger

This cable has an RS232 to RS485 converter built in. The PLC's serial port is RS485. You're going to have a hell of a time building one that works. The cable from Modicon TSXPCX1031 only lists for $150. You'd be better off to buy it. Or find a local distributor or user who could lend you one.

Hey, I have a custom made cable for the TSX Nano and I have a diagram for it! I can send it by e- mail! Regards!

I'd like a copy of it too... I have a drawing that is supposed to show the wiring of the factory cable TSXPCU1030. But I would like to see the pinouts you've got... email them to me if you can!

Hi, Chris As soon I bring the diagram from my home, it will be sent to you. I have the pinout for TSX Nano (I think it must be the same as your PLC) I'll send it too!

Hi I'm new in plc's. We have one Modicon Nano plc and PL7-07 software, but i dont know how to make a cable for the Nano. Can you send me the diagram for this cable to edvbaks@merkys.ktu.lt ? sorry for mi bad Englisch:)

Here are the diagrams and pinouts. This cable was designed to use in a siemens S7 PLC, but it is only a converter from 485 to 232 (the same as TSX) You only need to change the PLC port connector from DB-9 to MiniDIN. Other choice is if you use a rs232 to rs485 converter. I used the B&B Electronics 485LDRC, it costs only about $130. S7_Comm_cable.zip

As I stated earlier... I would just buy the cable... I got a quote for the TSXPCX3030 USB cable at about $125. Why pay more for a serial converter and have to build your own? Guess maybe I'm getting lazy in my old age...

I have posted a pinout for some of the standard cables on the Modicon Manuals Download Section....hope it helps???? Chris, where did you get that quote from as they are a lot more expensive here..... Edited by lazy

On 4/11/2004 at 5:23 PM, guillencito said:

Hey, tengo un cable especial para el TSX Nano y tengo un diagrama para él! Puedo enviarlo por correo electrónico! ¡Saludos!

hola amigo de casualidad podrias enviarme tu diagrama de tsx mi correo es pablo-2189@live.com.mx

That's not a cable you can easily make, it has electronics inside it to convert.  As I said 12 years ago on this topic.  Did you read before you posted a reply?