Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
COOP

Windows XP Home/ RSLogix

10 posts in this topic

Will RSLogix 500 V7.0 run on XP Home? I know that the Rockwell compatibility matrix specifies XP Pro, does anyone have any experience with running RSLogix on XP Home?

I believe, technically, RSLogix ~may~ run on XP Home -- but RSLinx does not. So, while it may run, you can't do anything with it...

Yes, both run with XP Home. I do have XP Home in my laptop and I haven't had problem running RSLinx, or RSLogic 500.

I worked with RSlink, RSlogix 500 on windows XP home. I needed to upgrade to xp pro for be able to use RSview ME. bye

Question I am trying to install rslinx 2.43 on XP Home but have had no luck with getting it to install completely does anyone have this working with this operating system if so what must one do?

Presently i ve used Windows XP Home Edition and installed RSLogix 500 and 5000 in my laptop. I ve installed RSLINX Rev 2.50 by followed instruction as normally. And the result, i haven't found any problem. Could you give more spesified what is the problem you found during the installation such as error messages if any, so we can give more spesified solution for you

A contractor we hired a while back had no troubles with Logix and Linx on Home, but FactoryTalk will definitely not work, so you can't use RSView.

Yes when installing rslinx 2.43 keep getting error unable to install EDS files.

Something at link below about that. http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1

You can run RS Logix group RS Linx and RS View 32 with no problems on Windows XP Home, anything with factorytalk requires XP Pro thats all.