Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caesar

Siemens S5 PLC

7 posts in this topic

Dear Engineers and Technocrates I am looking for used Siemens PG740 PRogrammer, Please can anybody as useful resources, Such that i can able to contact or web-site. Please give the details, Thanks in advance and your valuable suggestion is highly appreciated. thanks and best regards Caesar

Why a PG740? The PC software will run on modern hardware

The STEP5 version that was bundled with the PG720/PG740 could only run with those PCs (or "PGs" as Siemens liked to call them). At least that was my experience back then up to STEP5 v6.65. There was no authorisation disk for example. At the same time Siemens sold a version for general PC installation with a authorisation diskette. From STEP5 v7.0 I think that only the version with an authorisation diskette was sold, even with PG720/PG740.

I believe JasperMP is correct. We are using Siemens S5 V7.2 to work with the few S5s we have left. It did come with a authorization disk and runs on a standard PC, although in a DOS shell.

Mr.JesperMP You are saying it runs on ordinary PC, It is really good news for me, I have one S5 Authorzation Disk yellow color disk for single user, Can you guide me how to do it in window 2000 NT because, it is worked before on widow 98. I have all the Pumping station S5 progams in .S5D format. If i succeded in loading these programs i can able to edit programs of Simatic S5- 90 to 155 all series of Siemens S5-step 5.PLC's. If you need i will attach the sample program. Please guide me. Thanks and best regards Caesar.

Hello Caesar. It is a "simple" case of putting the installation CD in the PC and starting the setup program. One of the last steps is to transfer the license from the floppy diskette to the PC. There is a program called AuthorsW that is installed on the PC for this purpose. I believe there is a also DOS program on the diskette, AUTHORS.EXE, that does the same thing. It is 15 years ago that I worked with S5 intensively, so bear with me if I dont remember exactly how it is done. You could read the manual you know. If you manage to get STEP5 installed, then try to load your old programs. if you run into problems then we shall take it from there.

Unless it is V7.XX you probably wont get it to work on Win 2000 or XP. I still use V6.6, I have made a bootable CD with MS-DOS 6.22 on it, When I want to use S5 I then just put the CD in and boot from it. I also have a small FAT partion on my HD for the rest of the files. You can use various boot managers to dual boot but my experience is these are not always easy to set up.