Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
leonuce

Sysmac CQM1 Omron

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks, I need to upload a program application from a Sysmac CQM1 Omron controller and download it onto another machine but I do not have experience with this type of controller. I also need to know what programming software and cables I should use, and where I can find them. Any help would be be greatly appreciate. Thanks, Robert.

Hello Robert, Try here... http://industrial.omron.eu/download_centre...?language=en%3f ...for cables and general info / manuals etc. CX-Programmer would be my suggestion for the programming software (though now bundled with CX-One), although Syswin will do, and I believe that versions of this are available as free (and legal) downloads (can't remember where from though). Hope this gets you started.

Hi anonymous, Do you know what version of CX and type of cables I should use for this application? Thanks.

Hello Robert, There are two types of cable. For programming via the Peripheral port, you will need a CQM1-CIF01, if you wish to use the Host Port (RS232), you'll need a XW2Z - 200SCV. (If you check in the manual for CQM1s there should be a pin-out diagram for this cable, so that you can make your own - if your eyesight is good enough!). The current version of CX-Programmer is v7.3. I'm not too sure whether this is available as a stand alone product anymore, or whether you will need to purchase CX-One (which contains all of Omrons programming and configuration software - and is surprisingly good value; although in your case, it might be a bit of overkill especially if this is just a one-off). Like I said, it may be worth trying to hunt down a copy of Syswin - the predecessor of CX-Programer. Have a word with your local Disty!

Hello anonymous, I really appreciate you help. Is there any specific procedure to upload/download program from a Sysmac CQM1; driver configuration, Programming mode, switches, etc..?

Hello Robert, If you set DIP switch 5 to be ON, this will force the PLC into standard communication settings, which are - 9600 baud, @ 7, E, 2. Simply set CX-Programmer (or Syswin) to match this within the PLC Network Settings dialogue (selecting SYSMAC-WAY as your network type!), and you should be good to go! Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.