Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_joe

mitsubishi

7 posts in this topic

I wonder does anyone have any experience of using the Mitsubishi-Q series PLC, or have you any anecdotes to relay. I am trying to find out if there are any negative or positive opinions of it?

I have had a fair amount of experience of the Q series PLC (from Q00j up to Q25h) I would certainly reccomend them, size, power, cost, versatility, performance etc. So far I have no bad opinions of them!

I was working on couple of Qs. They are cool. What is it you look for?

There's Q-series and System Q......two different beasts. System Q is the newer, smaller units. Great PLC's.........we wouldn't dream of using anything else. Ian.

The new Mitsubishi Q automation platform is really nice. It's small, powerful, and very expandable. We've found many applications for it. Other than in a Mitsu training, I haven't had a chance to work with the high end motion control CPUs. But the rest of the platform I have used, am using on new projects, and would recommend to all my customers.

Thanks gents for your comments!! To clarify, the PLC series I am enquiring about, is referred to as the Q-series.(example cpu - Q06HCPU). It is the new series, launched I believe, in the year 2000. What I am looking for is a PLC system with.. (1) Computer stable and versatile programming software. (2) cost effective control solution. (3) ready availability of replacemet modules in the event of failures. (4) good email and telephone tech support (5) capacity for remote modem diagnostics and program reloading. (6) a proven OPC comms server to go with my Visual Basic based HMI interface. I am trying to decide between using the Q-series and a siemens S7-400. The latter is certainly more expensice and I need additional software and hardware (teleservice) for the modem link.

I was using Q06HCPU couple of times including interfacing to VB through MX components (ActiveX from Mitsubishi). I had to communicate with VB through Ethernet, CC link, Serial etc. MX makes connection very transparent and easy to use. It is solid platform but if you intend to use it with CC link, make sure that other CPU's are also Q if you want to access them directly or you will have to wait for newer version. For example we couldn't setup MX to see QnA in a CC link network where Q06HCPU was master although GPP was working fine with all of them. Versions: GPP 7.11M VB6 MX 3.0